The best tips on getting pregnant include understanding your reproductive cycle, understanding conception positions and paying attention to your overall health. Getting pregnant and pregnancy is a wonderful event that is complex, satisfying and exciting. Here are seven best tips on getting pregnant:
1. Know your most fertile time – generally, ovulation occurs about 14 days before your next period begins. So if your cycle is a 28-day one, that could make day #14 your most fertile (day #1 is the first day that your last period began). If yours is a 30-day cycle, day #16 could be the time to go for it.
2. Track your basal body temperature – you’ll need an inexpensive basal thermometer to chart the slight elevations in your body temperature upon awakening each day that signal your fertile time.
3. Watch for cervical mucus – this can be one of the best tips on getting pregnant since ovulation causes a change in the appearance and consistency of cervical mucus. By checking yourself each day, you’ll be able to see the ‘egg-white-like’ vaginal discharge that indicates ovulation and fertile time.
4. Have sex using the missionary position – the time-proven ‘man-on-top’ position works with gravity to encourage semen flow toward the uterus to maximize the chance of a sperm uniting with the egg and causing conception. One of the related best tips on getting pregnant is — after ejaculation, the woman can remain on her back with her legs bent a few minutes to further maximize semen flow toward the uterus.
5. Eliminate smoking and alcohol – not only will doing so benefit your health, when you do become pregnant, you’ll not expose the developing fetus to the harmful effects of smoking and alcohol.
6. Take the best vitamin/mineral/nutritional supplement you can find – taking one of the cheap one-a-day vitamins is probably a waste of time and money. Vitamins and minerals are just the beginning. Taking a high-quality, broad-spectrum nutritional supplement helps fill in the dietary gaps that everyone will have. The body needs and will use nutrients such as amino acids, antioxidants, bioflavanoids, neuronutrients, enzymes and other nutrients such as L-Carnosine, alpha lipoic acid, acetyl L-Carnitine and so on.
7. Adopt a healthy lifestyle – this is one of the most important best tips on getting pregnant. Healthy living includes having a sensible diet with nutritional supplements, adequate quality sleep, managing stress, reasonable exercise and weight management.
And finally, just relax and enjoy your partner. Trying too hard is not one of the recommended best tips on getting pregnant.
Your desire to become pregnant and having that special child will have even more significance to you if it means you’ll be taking better care of yourself and your partner. Not only does that mean a more healthy you, it also means you’ll increase the chances of having a healthier baby